Are you wealthy or poor, healthy or sick, successful or a failure, have God in the equation of your life. Have you worked so hard or wasted your life, made good or bad choices, maximized or wasted life opportunities, have God in the equation of your life.
Did you have great inheritance or none from your parents, favour from men and God or none at all, have God in the equation of you life. Ecclesiastes 2:1-26
Whatever or wherever you are in life, still include God in the equation of your life. Life is an amazing gift from God. Maximize it with the giver – God – in the equation of your life. Do you know why?
1. Like Solomon, you may come to realize that pleasure and prosperity is not just enough. Ecclesiastes 2:1. I said in mine heart, Go to now, I will prove thee with mirth, therefore enjoy pleasure: and, behold, this also is vanity.
There is more to life than just enjoying what you have. Am not saying that prosperity and enjoyment is wrong, but without God in them, they are all vanity.
2. Your thoughts, hard labor and intellectual doings are all not enough if God is not in the equation of your life. He enjoyed life. Ecclesiastes 2:3. I sought in mine heart to give myself unto wine, yet acquainting mine heart with wisdom; and to lay hold on folly.
He had great estates. Ecclesiastes 2:4. I made me great works; I builded me houses; I planted me vineyards: He had flourishing agribusiness. Ecclesiastes 2:5. I made me gardens and orchards, and I planted trees in them of all kind of fruits:
He had swimming pools and irrigation systems. Ecclesiastes 2:6. I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees:
He had workers and great possessions. Ecclesiastes 2:7. I got me servants and maidens, and had servants born in my house; also I had great possessions of great and small cattle above all that were in Jerusalem before me:
He had money – plenty of it. Ecclesiastes 2:8. I gathered me also silver and gold, and the peculiar treasure of kings and of the provinces: I gat me men singers and women singers, and the delights of the sons of men, as musical instruments, and that of all sorts.
He became very great. Ecclesiastes 2:9. So I was great, and increased more than all that were before me in Jerusalem: also my wisdom remained with me.
He actually had everything he wanted or desired. Ecclesiastes 2:10. And whatsoever mine eyes desired I kept not from them, I withheld not my heart from any joy; for my heart rejoiced in all my labour: and this was my portion of all my labour.
But without God in the equation, they will all be unable to satisfy. Ecclesiastes 2:11. Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do:
And, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun._ Have you not seen these in our own generation?
- People that seem to have everything committing suicide?
- Ladies that married very wealthy men divorcing them?
- Men that seem to have everything losing them all?
Therefore, understand that this divine wisdom is critical. Ecclesiastes 2:13. Then I saw that wisdom excelleth folly, as far as light excelleth darkness.
1. Without God, you will hate life as the emptiness enlarges with age. Ecclesiastes 2:17 Therefore I hated life; because the work that is wrought under the sun is grievous unto me: for all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
2. Without God, you will hate your investments and hard labour with time. Ecclesiastes 2:18. Yea, I hated all my labour which I had taken under the sun: because I should leave it unto the man that shall be after me.
3. Without God, you may end up in depression and mental oppression. Ecclesiastes 2:20 Therefore I went about to cause my heart to despair of all the labour which I took under the sun.
4. Without God, you may end life as a question mark rather than exclamation mark. Ecclesiastes 2:22. For what hath man of all his labour, and of the vexation of his heart, wherein he hath laboured under the sun?
5. Without God, you may end up with the wrong conclusions on life and it’s meaning. Ecclesiastes 2:24. There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.
Have God in the equation of your life as it is God alone that can give you what really matters in life. Ecclesiastes 2:26. For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight wisdom, and knowledge.
And joy: but to the sinner he giveth travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him that is good before God. This also is vanity and vexation of spirit.
Prayer. Lord, I need you in the equation of my life. Be blessed. Stay blessed. ©️The Excellent Ministry 2021.
Thank you for reading till the end. It simply tells me that you are not ready to settle for less. To help you stay connected with me and my blog, here is the link to my Android Mobile App from Google Play Store, Please Download and install.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel here. And follow me on Instagram and like my Facebook page. In case you will need to speak with me via Whatsapp related to ICT consultation. Please share around and drop your comment suggestion below.